How to clean Nike shoes
For best results, clean your Nike shoes immediately after exposing them to dirt.
HOW TO CLEAN NIKE SHOES
- Remove excess dirt first using a soft-bristled brush (shoe brush or old toothbrush) to clean the outsole.
- Mix warm water and a small amount of laundry detergent to create a slightly soapy mixture.
- Apply a small amount of the water/detergent mixture to a sponge, soft cloth or soft brush and clean affected areas.
- Apply a small amount of warm water to another sponge or soft cloth to remove any excess detergent.
- Air dry the shoes at room temperature.
Repeat these steps to attempt to remove persistent stains. Nike doesn't recommend any alternative cleaning methods, placing your shoes in a washing machine or dryer, or using any other products on your shoes such as bleach or other chemicals.
Saddle soap can soften leather and is recommended only on leather components of shoes that aren't subjected to excessive stress. Don't use saddle soap on soccer cleats, basketball shoes, golf shoes, training shoes or any other shoes designed for activities involving lateral movement.
CLEANING INSOLES TO REDUCE SHOE ODOR
- Remove the insoles from your shoes.
- Follow the same shoe cleaning steps listed above.
- Air dry completely before putting the insoles back in the shoes.
If these steps don't reduce shoe odor, replace the insoles. Replacement insoles are available at most sporting goods and shoe stores.$kba_master_css